Do you feel like you’ve been slogging away at dating yet despite giving it your best, you still have nothing to show for all the effort?
Are you starting to feel like you’re not good enough because dates don’t seem to progress onto something more meaningful?
At the start, you were confident, with a positive mind and an open heart. You went into the dating arena with enthusiasm and passion, knowing that your efforts would pay off and that you’d eventually land the Mr or Ms Right-enough.
However, you now often feel disheartened about the time and money you’ve wasted; the many squandered hours of swiping, messaging, texting and talking. You feel drained by the continuous effort. It’s called dating fatigue.
You’re living Ground Hog Day … the repeated niceties that you have to offer every new contender:
- Where do you live?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
- What do you do for work?
- Do you have kids? How old are they? What’s the child care split?
- How are you finding this app?
You exchange dating stories, ho-hum, and with each new telling, you can feel the enthusiasm in your voice slipping away. You know that dating is changing you, and not for the better.
BEFORE, you slip further into an awake coma, there are things you can do that will help.
Getting dating counselling and therapy will help you get your vigour back while you work on getting better end results.
You’ll speak with a university qualified therapist who’ll walk beside you, without judgement to:
- Help you define what end results you’re after (including the who)
- Help you figure out what’s going wrong and how you can improve the outcome
- Give you new information that will help you see things differently, creating new ideas
- Give you strategies on how you can feel better about yourself and have calmness surrounding the process
You can only see things from the perspective you have now. You’ll therefore go onto keep getting what you have now.
Call Therapy Lounge for a different perspective so you can get the life in the future you deserve.