Fun Facts about Valentine’s Day for Singles
It would be nice if we could all find somebody special, especially around Valentine’s Day...
but it doesn’t matter if you’re single or not – it’s about making the best of whatever situation you’re in
The Benefits of Being Single
Just remember the advantages of being single on Valentine’s Day:
- You can get a really good night’s sleep as there is nobody beside you to snore or steal all the covers;
- And, you can sleep easier, knowing you’ve got absolutely no chance of being dumped on the day;
- You don’t have to fret and worry about what time your partner is coming home; and
- You can save heaps of money!
Did you know that Valentine’s Day is sometimes referred to as “Singles Awareness Day”?
So to help you make the best of it – instead of staying at home and just pretending that the calendar skips straight from February 13 to 15, here are some fun things you can do in Brisbane for Valentine’s Day this year, to give you an idea of just what is available
- 50 Shades of Sway – Sway Cocktail Bar & Lounge are hosting a very sexy event for couples, singles and groups. The event, titled ’50 Shades of Sway’, celebrates the worldwide release of the film 50 Shades of Grey and the first 50 guests through the door will receive a Mr Grey gift bag consisting of handcuffs, facemask and whip. Don your gear and get your photo taken in the naughty corner. Sway are also putting on special Valentine’s cocktails. A fun event with a naughty twist. 50 Shades of Sway kicks off from 7pm on Saturday 14 February. Sway Cocktail Bar & Lounge is located at 22 Constance Street Fortitude Valley.
- Single in the City: Speed Dating Cocktail Party – As a busy Brisbane CBD venue, Aquila Caffe Bar are constantly asked by customers if they know any eligible bachelors/bachelorettes. So on the eve of Valentine’s Day, they’ve decided to give Brisbane’s Cupid a kick in the pants! If you’re a single guy or girl over 25, buy your ticket now for a chance to meet other like-minded people. The speed-dating will be followed by plenty of time to mingle and have a drink with new friends! Single in the City will run from 6pm to 9pm on Wednesday 11 February. Entry is $40 per person and includes drink on arrival and canapes. Aquila Caffe Bar is located at 82 Eagle Street, Brisbane City.
- Regatta’s St Valentine’s Ball – Get dressed in your finest for the Regatta’s St Valentine’s Ball on Saturday 14 February — whether you’re single, in a relationship or just want an excuse to party. For $99 you will be fed and watered with the four hour premium food and beverage package (which includes Moet champagne) as well as live entertainment. There will be a forbidden fruit fondue station and you’ll even be able to document the night with the vintage photo booth. No pressure, no commitments, just plain old fun. The Regatta Hotel is located at 543 Coronation Drive, Toowong.
- For Beer Loving Singletons – Bitter Suite at 75 Welsby Street, New Farm, are hosting a single’s cocktail party on the big night, where a ticket will get you a drink upon arrival, canapes, and a shot at true love. For $35, that’s quite a bargain, isn’t it?
- Love Bites Singles Party – Love hurts, they say, so numb the pain on February the 14th at a Love Bites singles party. To facilitate meet ups, the Laruche gang are instigating a game of Perfect Match, where guests are given a playing card upon arrival and then have to hunt down the guest with the matching card. The catch is, if and when you find each other you recieve a complimentary cocktail for the two of you to share. Because nothing says ‘call me’ like swapping mouth fluids. There will also be lots of candy, cocktails, a guest DJ spinning sexy beats, and a photo booth, so you can document any potentials (and that photographic evidence might come in handy if their facial features are a bit of a haze the next day!) Laruche is located at 680 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley.
- For the one-night lovers – As much as we all like to malign romance related Apps, they can’t be beaten for bringing singles out of the woodwork. Limes Hotel are cashing in on the hordes of Brisbane kids on Tinder with their Tinder Rooftop Party, kicking off from 7pm on February 14th. Think of all the Snapchats flying around Brisbane this Valentine’s Day-Night that this party’s going to generate.
- Perfect Match Valentine’s Day Party – Find your perfect match this Valentine’s Day at the Pig N Whistle Riverside! The famous Pig N Whistle single’s parties are back and better than ever! Meet local singles on the most romantic night of the year, when the stars align and cupid has you in his sights. You don’t have to be an RSVP member to attend, so bring a single friend and make it a Valentine’s Day to remember. Kicks off from 7.30pm, at Pig N Whistle Riverside, 123 Eagle St , Brisbane.
- Traffic Light Party – Get ready to mingle, especially if you’re single and rock up to a Valentine’s Day TRAFFIC LIGHT PARTY in your preferred colour choice to represent your status: Green means “I’m Available”; Amber means “Try Me to See”; Red means “I’m Taken”. Dress in your colour for the night and head to Fringe Bar, Cnr Ann St and Constance St, Fortitude Valley.
To make this Valentine’s Day great, regardless of your single status, make sure you indulge and pamper the most important person in your life: YOU. Because if you can’t love you, how will you love somebody else?!
And if all this is not enough to cheer you up, start making plans to take advantage of the day AFTER Valentine’s Day: Cheap Chocolate Day!