Last Updated on
If dating has you feeling perplexed, here’s how therapy and coaching for dating can help increase your chances of getting what you want
Have you been putting yourself out there dating, either on line or organically but the right results don’t seem to be coming anytime soon?
Do you think you’re doing all the right things, going all the right places and can’t understand what’s going wrong?
You’re not the only one feeling like this. Dating is more complicated than it has been every before in history. These days, you are only as good as the next swipe. You’re in someone’s view but the second they swipe again you can be swiftly knocked off their radar.
The end result is that you now feel:
- Rejected, worthless or unattractive
- Dejected about the entire dating process
- That you have no faith in the people you’re meeting (they are all now broken, scabs, liars, flaky or fake)
- Zero belief that people out there actually want a relationship
- That you’ll just continue to waste your time and be jerked around
- Sick of wasting your precious time and money
You now have dating fatigue and whilst you still hold out a speck of hope, you’re finding it difficult to still raise the motivation to even bother.
Why therapy and coaching for dating?
You know the saying, do the same thing and expect to get the same results. It’s no different in dating. Something is not working for you and you need to know what that is.
Getting therapy or coaching for dating will help you:
- Analyse what you’re doing both right and wrong. A professional third party can look outside the circle and can often see things you can’t, because they are looking at things through an unbiased and renewed perspective.
- Formulate a plan that’s likely to increase your results. It’s hard to do this with the limited information you have. You can usually only come up with the same ideas you’ve already got.
- To feel better about yourself and to once again feel excited about what the future might hold.
- Appreciate that you can still live a valuable, rich, full and meaningful life no matter what the outcome of your dating journey will be. Your happiness shouldn’t rely on you getting a partner, it’s a precarious place to rest your wellbeing on.
But more importantly…
It may be something in your past that is stopping better results from happening. Dealing with unfinished business or past emotional hurt often makes a difference to how other people see you, how you act and the type of person (wrong or right) you’re attracting.
Your professional therapist will be able to assess if something from your past is ruining your success in the present. If this is the case, you’ll then be able to get strategies to help you heal whatever it is, so you can move forward onto the life you deserve.